Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blogging for class - a review -

For reference class, we have been using Blogger to facilitate a conversation about 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class ordering systems. What we come to realize as we finish the required reading that goes along with this assignment, is that everything can really go everywhere when looking through the lens of a digitized ordering system. Unlike 1st class ordering systems, digital information can be organized however you want.

But that's beside the point. What we're doing for class is discussing all of this on a blog. In the past, I have not been too keen on blogging for real life because the only other time I blog is when I bitch about people and life. However, this blogging has been real eye opening. What I think I like most about it is the blog is that it's quite like the message board through blackboard, but with the added benefit of adding flair and pizazz to your thoughts. If I find a photo that best represents my idea, I can post that. You can add off topic threads and not feel guilty. You can link to your own blog just by posting a response. Really great things. The best part is that Blogger allows you to invite real live people who might not have blackboard credentials to join your conversation. If you're blogging about YA fiction, perhaps you'll invite some best selling authors to comment if they see something interesting. they might not post a word, but the fact that it can be opened to anyone is a great way to lead discussion and focus into real world applications.

So I say HUZZAH! to you BLOGGER!

No comments:

Post a Comment